Part 1: General Terms and Conditions
last modified on: 21.05.2022
1 Scope of application
1.1 The following General Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as GTC) of LIME medical GmbH (hereinafter referred to as LIME) form the sole contractual basis for the regulation of the business relationship between LIME and customers, clients, buyers, service providers and other service providers (hereinafter referred to as customer), unless expressly agreed otherwise in writing. Offers, deliveries and services as well as their acceptance will be made by both contracting parties exclusively on the basis of the provisions made herein.
1.2 These GTC also apply to all legal relationships and legal transactions between the customer and LIME, not only to the first legal transaction, but also to all additional and subsequent orders and further transactions, the application of the GTC is expressly agreed.
1.3 The customer's terms and conditions of purchase or other terms and conditions shall not apply and are hereby expressly rejected. If, by way of exception, the application of the customer's GTC is agreed in writing, such GTC shall apply only to the extent that they do not conflict with the GTC described herein. Provisions that do not conflict shall remain in force alongside each other.
1.4 The Customer declares that he has had the opportunity to familiarise himself with the contents of these GTC before concluding this contract and that he accepts their contents.
1.5 Amendments or supplements including this written form clause must be in writing to be effective. No other ancillary agreements have been made.
2 Offer and conclusion of contract
2.1 All offers made by LIME are subject to confirmation and non-binding.
2.2 The customer shall check offers received or one or more orders for completeness and correctness. The customer's order confirmation shall be made exclusively in writing or in text form (for example by e-mail).
2.3 The contract will be concluded by LIME's acceptance of the order. The acceptance will be effected by an order confirmation usually in text form (by e-mail), at the customer's request also in written form.
2.4 Information about LIME's services contained in brochures, catalogues, leaflets and other print media, in advertisements on exhibition stands, in newsletters, on the website, in commercials or other media are non-binding unless they are expressly declared to be part of the contract.
2.5 LIME is entitled to refuse an order without giving reasons.
3 Delivery / performance deadlines
3.1 Delivery/service deadlines are non-binding unless they are expressly described otherwise in the written order confirmation (2.3) or agreed in writing in the individual contract.
3.2 If LIME is prevented from fulfilling its obligations due to unforeseeable events or circumstances for which LIME is not responsible, such as operational disruptions, government measures and intervention, energy supply difficulties, failure of a supplier who is difficult to replace, strike, roadblocks, customs clearance, delay or force majeure, the delivery/performance periods will be extended by a reasonable period of time. It is irrelevant whether these circumstances occur at LIME or our sub-suppliers.
3.3 If the fulfilment of the contract should not be possible for reasons LIME is not responsible for, LIME will be released from the contractual obligations.
3.4 LIME has the right to early or partial delivery and invoicing.
4 Prices, invoicing and payment
4.1 All prices are calculated in EURO (€).
4.2 The term of payment for LIME's invoices is 30 days from the date of invoice.
4.3 Objections due to incorrectness or incompleteness of a statement must be raised by the customer no later than six weeks after receipt of the statement. The objections must be raised in writing or in text form by e-mail. Failure to raise objections in due time shall be deemed to constitute approval.
4.4 Services such as training, briefings or meetings on site will be offered separately by LIME and charged according to the actual time spent.
4.5 All prices and fees are exclusive of the applicable statutory value added tax ex warehouse.
4.6 Packaging, transport, loading and shipping costs as well as customs and insurance costs shall be borne by the customer.
4.7 A payment is on time if LIME can dispose of it. Payment dedications of the customer, e.g. on remittance slips, are not binding.
4.8 In the event of default in payment, the customer shall be obliged to reimburse all costs incurred as a result (such as e.g. labour costs, legal costs as well as dunning and collection costs). Default in payment shall also occur if agreed instalments are not paid or not paid in full in due time (4.2).
4.9 Discounts agreed upon conclusion of the contract (cash discount, rebate, etc.) will be granted on condition of timely and complete payment. In case of delay with at least one partial performance LIME will be entitled to invoice this.
4.10 The assertion of a right of retention and the defence of non-performance of the contract by the customer in case of alleged defects is excluded. Offsetting by the customer with counterclaims or with alleged price reduction claims is only permissible if the claim has been legally established or is not contested by LIME.
4.11 In case of justified doubts about the customer's solvency or creditworthiness LIME will be entitled to demand immediate payment of the agreed remuneration or the purchase price as well as to execute the order only against advance payment.
4.12 If a periodic fee is agreed, e.g. for service or maintenance services, this shall be due annually at the beginning of a calendar year. If the contract begins or ends during a year, this fee shall be due on a pro rata basis.
4.13 The costs for travel expenses, per diem and accommodation allowances shall be invoiced separately for chargeable remuneration. Travel time shall be considered working time.
5 Assumption of risk and shipment
5.1 The risk will pass to the customer as soon as LIME holds the object of purchase ready for collection at the factory or warehouse, irrespective of whether the items are to be handed over by LIME to a forwarding agent or carrier. Shipment, loading and unloading will always be at the customer's risk.
5.2 The customer agrees to any suitable mode of shipment. Transport insurance will in any case be taken out and invoiced by LIME.
6 Retention of title
6.1 Delivery shall be EXW Mainz, INCOTERMS 2020 ('ex works').
6.2 All objects of purchase remain LIME's property until full payment by the customer, even if the objects of purchase are resold or rented out.
6.3 Until full payment of all amounts by the customer, the service/purchase items may neither be pledged nor transferred by way of security or otherwise encumbered with rights of third parties. In case of seizure or any other claim, the customer will be obliged to point out LIME's right of ownership and to inform LIME immediately.
7.1 The warranty period of 24 months applies and begins with the transfer of risk as defined in these GTC.
7.2 A warranty will be excluded if the technical equipment, e.g. supply lines, cabling, networks etc. are not in a technically flawless and functional condition or are not compatible with the items purchased from LIME.
7.3 There will be no warranty claims in case of defects caused by improper handling or overuse, if legal or service or installation instructions issued by LIME are not followed; in case of faulty assembly or commissioning by the customer or third parties, in case of natural wear and tear, in case of transport damage, in case of improper installation, in case of operating conditions interfering with the function (e.g. insufficient power supply), in case of defects caused by the customer or third parties, in case of chemical, electrochemical or electrical influences, in case of neglected or insufficient maintenance.
7.4 In case of complaints or potential warranty cases LIME will be entitled to carry out or have carried out any inspection LIME deems necessary, even if this renders the goods or workpieces unusable. In case this investigation shows that LIME is not responsible for any defects, the customer will have to bear the costs for this investigation.
7.5 If the customer - without LIME's prior consent in writing or text form - makes changes to the object of purchase, LIME's warranty obligation will expire.
7.6 Warranty claims and complaints must be made with as precise a description of the defect as possible. In addition, the customer shall hand over the rejected goods if this is feasible.
8 Liability and product liability
8.1 LIME will only be liable for damage caused by LIME intentionally or by gross negligence. The fault of LIME must be proven by the customer.
8.2 Liability for indirect damage, consequential damage, loss of profit, financial loss, damage due to business interruption, loss of data, loss of interest as well as damage due to third party claims against the customer is excluded in any case.
8.3 LIME's liability is in any case limited to the amount of the agreed fee or the purchase price for the respective order.
8.4 The customer may initially only demand rectification or replacement as compensation; only if both are unreasonable or involve disproportionate expense may the customer demand immediate monetary compensation.
8.5 In case of non-compliance with the commissioning, application and storage conditions and training, any liability of LIME is generally excluded. The customer is obliged to ensure that the specifications for commissioning, application and storage of the purchased goods are complied with by LIME.
9 Products, Software
9.1 Everything mentioned below are things that are prohibited by LIME in the context of the use of the products. You are prohibited from:
- Prevent or restrict, circumvent, disable or otherwise tamper with product features that are designed to provide security or features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of content that may be accessed through the software,
- provide false or misleading information in the user account data,
- allow another person to use the Products on your behalf or in your stead,
- Sending junk mail, spam or repeated messages,
- alter, interfere with, hack or in any way impair the Products,
- misuse the products or introduce viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or anything else that could harm the products or other users of the device,
- extract data from products without LIME's written permission,
- Transmit or contribute any defamatory, threatening, obscene, misleading, untrue, abusive or abusive content or any content that contains any form of nudity or violence; and
- transmit information or comments about third parties without obtaining the consent of the third party concerned.
9.2 Failure to comply with the rules set out in clause 9.1, where applicable, will constitute a material breach of these T&Cs and may result in LIME taking the following actions, either individually or collectively, at its sole discretion:
- Sending a warning letter,
- instituting legal proceedings, including a claim for reimbursement of any costs, expenses and damages incurred as a result of the breach (this includes, but is not limited to, reasonable administrative costs and costs of litigation), and
- Disclosure of information to law enforcement authorities if and to the extent permitted by law and deemed necessary by LIME
9.3 Our response to a breach is not limited to the steps described in section 9.2, which means that LIME has the right to take further action in accordance with the TOS and applicable laws.
10 Information security
10.1 Contractors undertake to implement information security in accordance with LIME's established policies and procedures. For this purpose, contractors will be provided with relevant guidelines, if applicable.
10.2 Contractors who have access to, process or store information of LIME may only process it for the contractually agreed purpose or the fulfilment of the service and under no circumstances share it with unauthorised third parties.
10.3 10.2 also applies to suppliers of IT infrastructure components
11 Final provisions
11.1 No other ancillary agreements have been made.
11.2 The contracting parties agree on the application of German law. The application of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is excluded by mutual agreement.
11.3 The place of jurisdiction is Mainz.
11.4 Should individual provisions of these GTC be or become invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of the GTC.
11.5 Changes of the company name, address, legal form or other relevant information have to be communicated to LIME by the customer in writing without delay.
10.6 LIME's data protection regulations apply.
Part 2: AnyTrack
1 Welcome to LIME
- You can only obtain the app from the Service and third parties authorised by LIME. For medical professionals: NOTE THAT WE DO NOT MAKE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS WITH THE ANYHAND AND APP. MAKE ALL MEDICAL AND THERAPEUTIC DECISIONS BASED ON YOUR OWN TRAINING, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE. For your patients, REMEMBER THAT WE DO NOT MAKE MEDICAL DIAGNOSES WITH THE ANYHAND AND APP. always seek the advice of a medical professional if you are concerned about your state of health. you should never disregard the QUALIFIED ADVICE OF A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL or put off an appointment with a doctor because you are relying on information you have read within the ANYHAND app.
- If you would like to contact us, please send an e-mail to our customer service, which you can reach at [email protected].
- The contractual language is German.
2 Information we collect about you
- You hereby grant us the perpetual, worldwide, transferable and sub-licensable right to use data that we have anonymised in accordance with data protection law in any manner, whether currently known or unknown. You acknowledge and agree that we own all right and title to data derived by us from such anonymised data.
3 Creating a user account
- You need a patient account before accessing AnyTrack.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the login data and any activities that occur in your user account. In the event that you suspect that your user account may have been misused, you undertake to notify us immediately by sending a message to [email protected].
4 Your right to use AnyTrack
- You as a user agree not to replicate or copy AnyTrack, in whole or in part.
- As a user, you agree not to sell or otherwise make available AnyTrack, in whole or in part, to any other person.
- As a user, you agree not to modify AnyTrack, in whole or in part, in any way.
- You as a user warrant that you will not attempt to discover or access the source code AnyTrack, in whole or in part, unless it has been expressly published and released for use by us.
- You understand that any confidential information, copyrights, rights of use, exploitation and performance, and other intellectual property rights that exist in whole or in part with respect to AnyTrack are owned by us or the persons who have granted us a licence in respect thereof.
5 Your use of AnyTrack
- Everything mentioned below are things that are prohibited in the context of using AnyTrack. You are prohibited from:
- circumvent, disable or otherwise manipulate any features of AnyTrack that are intended to provide security or features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of the content that can be accessed through AnyTrack,
- Provide false or misleading information in the user account data,
- allow another person to use AnyTrack on your behalf or in your place,
- Sending junk mail, spam or repeated messages,
- behave in a manner that is unlawful or not permitted by law,
- Modify, interfere with, hack or interfere with AnyTrack,
- Misuse AnyTrack or introduce viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or anything else that could harm AnyTrack or any other user of AnyTrack,
- extract data from AnyTrack without our permission,
- submit or contribute defamatory, threatening, obscene, misleading, untrue, offensive or abusive content or content that involves any form of nudity or violence; and
- enter information or comments about the third party concerned without their consent.
- Sending a warning letter to you,
- Bring legal proceedings against you, including a claim for reimbursement of any costs, expenses and damages incurred as a result of the breach (this includes, but is not limited to, reasonable administrative costs and costs of litigation); and
- Disclose information to law enforcement authorities if and to the extent permitted by law and we deem it necessary.
6 Our commitment/responsibility to you
- Any information provided about patient progress as a statement made or by inference, via AnyTrack, is for informational purposes only. The information is provided by LIME "as is" without warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind.
- No diagnostic, therapeutic or other steps should ever be taken on the basis of information provided through AnyTrack without first consulting a physician or other health care professional.
- Due to the nature of the Internet and technology, it is not possible for us to promise you that you will be able to use AnyTrack uninterruptedly and without delays or errors at all times and that AnyTrack will meet your expectations at all times. For this reason, we cannot accept any obligation in respect of the performance or availability of AnyTrack. We also expressly exclude liability arising from any defects in AnyTrack which existed between you and us at the time you entered into the contract to use AnyTrack.
- The points of liability and warranty are clearly defined in our General Terms and Conditions (www.lime-medical.de/agb) and apply without restriction to the use of AnyTrack!
7 Third-party services
- If and to the extent AnyTrack includes links to other websites and resources operated by third parties, it is understood that such links are provided for your information only.
- It is not possible for us to influence the content of such websites or resources provided by third parties and we are not liable for the content of linked or framed information or websites. We shall not be liable for any financial or physical loss or damage that you may incur as a result of or in connection with your use of such websites or resources.
8 Change to AnyTrack
- AnyTrack is constantly being updated and improved. We are constantly striving to provide you with new and innovative services and features.
Improvements and updates also take place against the background of an adaptation to changing technologies, behaviour, normative or legal requirements or demands.
- We reserve the right to change a particular part of a platform-specific feature by updating AnyTrack, performing a reset in respect of it, and discontinuing service or support for it. These changes may affect your activities on AnyTrack. Changes may include deleting, modifying or resetting the features you use. We will separately notify you of the changes and your rights in the event of changes (see 10.g).
- Updates may be issued by us from time to time. From time to time, you may need to update third party software in order to use AnyTrack.
10 Safety instructions
Using the digital health app in a potentially insecure environment poses security risks that cannot be fully addressed by the digital health app provider.
11 Final provisions
- No other ancillary agreements have been made.
- Amendments or supplements, including this written form clause, must be made in writing in order to be valid, unless otherwise agreed in an individual contract.
- The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply exclusively to the exclusion of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG) and the conflict of laws.
- Should individual provisions of these General Terms and Conditions be or become invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this agreement.
- The exclusive place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising from this contract is the registered office of LIME medical GmbH in Mainz.
- The same applies if you do not have a general place of jurisdiction in Germany or if your place of residence or habitual abode is unknown at the time the action is brought.
- You agree that we may communicate with you electronically (e.g. by e-mail or other text form within the meaning of § 126b BGB).
- We may send you notices electronically by email that you have submitted to us.
- The non-enforcement of our rights cannot be interpreted as a waiver of this right.
12 External Software
The following external software is used with AnyTrack®:
Part 3: GDPR Agreement AnyTrack
1 Data collection
The reason for collection is to operate and improve our products and to research new solutions in our portfolio. The collection and processing of your data is based on DSGVO Article 6(a), 6(b), 6(c) and 6(f).
In principle, by using our products and giving your active consent, you agree to the use of your data. Part of the data collected will be used in accordance with Article 6(a) to provide you with the AnyTrack® service. This data is an integral part of what is necessary to use the product.
Another part of the data collected is used to fulfil our contractual obligations and to provide you with a service. This data is collected in accordance with Article 6(b).
Furthermore, we are obliged by regulations and laws to collect certain data or to provide risk minimisation measures. This data is collected in accordance with Article 6(c).
In addition, we have a legitimate interest in most of the data (Article 6(f)) in order to expand our services, to optimise or develop new treatment options, to conduct research, to improve usability or to open up new business areas and to enable the development of products.
Our legitimate interest is based on the use of this data for the purposes mentioned above. Furthermore, your feedback may be processed in order to meet the required quality and safety standards of our services.
The following data will be collected and maintained as part of the retention period for the project and their files.
|Lawful basis for processing|
|Specific Type||Function||Service Staff||Staff administration||Client administration||Consultant administration||Supplier administration||Monitoring||Marketing activities||Profiling||Research (Article 89)|
|configPatientUDI||The unique identifier for the respective user||f||f|
|configLanguage||The configured language for the application||f||f||f|
|configValidEmail||Checks if the email of the user is verified||c||c||f|
|configLastUpload||TimeStamp to verify when the last upload of data has happened. This triggers the synchronization of data||c||c||f|
|configTherapistUDI||The unique identifiers of the therapists with access to the patients data||b||b||f||f|
|configActiveChatTree||Last enabled discussion tree||b||b||f||f|
|configPatientExercises||The chosen Exercises enabled for the patient||b||b||f||f|
|ConfigPatientFinger||The chosen Fingers affected||b||b||f||f|
|configPatientHand||Which hand of the patient is||b||b||f||f|
|configBackground||The current background of the app||f||f||f|
|configCoins||The amount of coins earned by the patient||f||f||f|
|superCoins||The amount of superCoins earned by the patient||f||f||f|
|configUnlockedBackgrounds||The unlocked backgrounds for the app||f||f||f|
|configInputBubble||The input bubble background of the app||f||f||f|
|configUnlockedInputBubbles||The unlocked input bubble backgrounds for the app||f||f||f|
|configLIMI||The limy avatar||f||f||f|
|configUnlockedLIMIs||The unlocked limy avatars||f||f||f|
|configPatientImage||The image of the patient as code64||a|
|configPremiumExpiredDate||The date on which the current premium plan expires||c||c||f||f|
|configReminder||The time on which the patient has set his reminders||b||b||f||f|
|configRegistrationTime||The time on which the patient has registered||c||c||f||f||f|
|configSoundEnabled||The sound in the application is enabled or disabled||b||b||f||f|
|configExerciseSettings||The exercise settings for each exercise||b||b||f||f|
|bigFist||The big fist exercise||b||b||f||f|
|littleFist||The little fist exercise||b||b||f||f|
|Roof||The roof exercise||b||b||f||f|
|Wrist||The wrist exercise||b||b||f||f|
|thumbAbduction||The thumb abduction exercise||b||b||f||f|
|thumbFlex||The thumb flexion exercise||b||b||f||f|
|fingerSpread||The finger spreading exercise||b||b||f||f|
|thumb||The thumb finger||b||b||f||f|
|pointer||The pointer finger||b||b||f||f|
|middle||The middle finger||b||b||f||f|
|ring||The ring finger||b||b||f||f|
|pinky||The pinky finger||b||b||f||f|
|speed||The speed of each exercise (if supported by the exercise)||b||b||f||f|
|minRange||The minimum rank of the exercise of the patient in the last session||f||f||f|
|maxRange||The maximum range of the exercise of the patient in the last session||f||f||f|
|therapistID||The unique id of the therapist user||b||b||f||f|
|base64ProfilePicture||The profile picture of the therapist in base64 encoding||b||b||f||f|
|firstName||The first name of the therapist||c||c||f|
|name||The name of the therapist||c||c||f|
|institution||The name of the institution the therapist is working for||c||c||f||f|
|number||The phone number of the therapist or phyisician||c||c||f|
|profession||The profession or specialization of the therapist or phyisician||c||c||f||f|
|street||The address street of the institution||c||c||f|
|postcode||The postal code of the institution||c||c||f|
|city||The city of the institution||c||c||f|
|gameType||The type of game to play||b||b||f||f|
|exerciseType||The current exercise to play||b||b||f||f|
|speed||The current speed of the game||b||b||f||f|
|sessionID||The current session id used||b||b||f||f||f|
|parameter||The current parameters used||b||b||f||f||f|
|timestamp||The current timestamp||b||b||f||f||f|
|errorType||The current type of error||b||b||f||f||f|
|errorNumber||The current error number||b||b||f||f||f|
|errorContent||The current content or exception||b||b||f||f||f|
|patientID||The current patient unique identifier related to the log||b||b||f|
|deviceType||The current device type used||a||f||f||f|
|osVersion||The current operating system used||a||f||f||f|
|gameReportID||The current game report id||b||b||f||f||f|
|sessionID||The associated session id||b||b||f||f||f|
|timeStamp||The current timestamp||b||b||f||f||f|
|exercise||The exercise chosen and the game as well as parameters||b||b||f||f|
|gameFinishedRegular||Was the game finished with a successful finish||b||b||f||f||f|
|rangeOfMotionAbsolute||The absolute measured value for the range of motion of the exercise||a||f||f|
|coins||The amount of coins gathered||a||f||f|
|superCoins||The amount of super-coins gathered||a||f||f|
|totalGameTime||The full game time needed||a||f||f||f|
|reasonForSkipping||Is there a reason for skipping the game||a||f||f||f|
|endRangeMax||The maximum range specified at the end of the game||a||f||f|
|endRangeMin||The minimum range specified at the end of the game||a||f||f|
|sessionID||The associated session||b||b||f||f||f|
|patientID||The associated patient||b||b|
|timeStampCreated||The current timestamp||b||b||f||f||f|
|numberOfPlannedExercises||The number of the exercises planned per day||a||f||f||f|
|numberOfDoneExercises||How many successful exercises where done||a||f||f||f|
|gameReports||The associated game reports||a||f||f||f|
|prePainAssessmentCalm||The pain assessment regarding the calm hand before exercises||b||b||f||f|
|prePainAssessmentBusy||The pain assessment regarding the busy hand before exercises||b||b||f||f|
|postPainAssessmentCalm||The pain assessment regarding the calm hand after exercises||b||b||f||f|
|postPainAssessmentBusy||The pain assessment regarding the busy hand after exercises||b||b||f||f|
|preMovementAssessment||The assessment of agility of the patient before the exercises||b||b||f||f|
|postMovementAssessment||The assessment of agility of the patient after the exercises||b||b||f||f|
|deleted||is it deleted||c||c|
|plannedRepetitionPerDay||How many repetitions per day||b||b||f||f||f|
|sessionStartTimeStamp||The timestamp when the session started||a||f||f||f|
|sessionEndTimeStamp||The timestamp when the session ended||a||f||f||f|
|totalSessionTime||The total needed session time||a||f||f||f|
|sessionID||The associated session id||a||f||f||f|
|measurements||A list of the hand tracking stream||a||f||f|
|signal||A list of the signal tracking stream||a||f||f|
|maxima||A list of the found maxima||a||f||f|
|minima||A list of the found minima||a||f||f|
|value||The value of the data||a||f||f|
|timeStamp||The timestamp of the data||a||f||f|
|ID||A unique ID for each patient||c||c|
|CreatedAt||The timestamp related to the creation of the account||c||c||f||f||f|
|Username||The Username of the patient (e-mail address)||c||c|
|The email address of the patient||c||c||f|
|FirstName||The first name of the patient||c||c||f|
|LastName||The last name of the patient||c||c||f|
|EmailVerificationStatus||The verification status of the email of a user||c||c||f|
|accountBirthday||The birthday of the patient||c||c||f||f|
|Password||The encoded password of the User with PBKDF2||c||c|
|Sessions||The login sessions of the user||c||c||f||f||f|
|AGBsAndGDPRConfirmation||If the current gdpr and agbs are confirmed||c||c||f|
|AGBsAndGDPRConfirmationDate||The timestamp when the gdpr nd agbs where confirmed||c||c||f|
|IPAddress||The ip address from which the session was started||c||c||f||f||f|
|Started||When the session was started||c||c||f||f||f|
|LastAccess||The last access of the user||c||c||f||f||f|
|Clients||The Client used to access the session||c||c||f||f||f|
|Action||The action done while in the session||c||c||f||f||f|
Your rights to deletion and correction as well as your rights under the GDPR remain unaffected.
1.a Exclusion Categories With Separate Protection
No information is collected on political opinion, religious or philosophical belief, trade union membership, health, sex life or biometric information for unique identification.
Recordings are made by the camera, but not stored or transmitted to us. These recordings are evaluated directly in order to create a model of the hand positions with which the control of the therapies is possible. This evaluation only takes place in the volatile memory "RAM" of the devices and is not stored on the long-term memory of the devices. The evaluated hand position data can then be used pseudonimised for research purposes.
2 Place of processing Transmission and storage
The collected data is processed in Europe and is located on European servers. The data is protected from unauthorised access by company-wide security measures.
3 General notes
- Any input, including critical input, helps in project development and is considered as a possible influence.
4 Your rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, you have various rights in relation to your personal data.
These rights can be exercised by emailing us at [email protected].
Verification: To verify your request, we will take reasonable steps, such as asking you to send us confirmation from the email address associated with your account, so that we can verify that you are the owner of that email account. If there is no email address associated with your account, we may ask you for a copy of your identification.
- Right to withdraw consent
- Right of objection
- Right to object in case of processing based on legitimate interests
- Right to object to processing for statistical purposes
- Right to object to direct marketing
- Right to information
- Right to erasure/"right to be forgotten
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to data portability
- Right of rectification
- In addition, you have the right to revoke your consent at any time vis-à-vis LIME medical GmbH, with the consequence that the processing of your personal data, in accordance with your revocation declaration, will become inadmissible by the latter for the future. However, this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation. Upon deletion of your account, your data will be destroyed as described in this contract or the reference to you as a person can no longer be established (e.g. in the case of pseudonimised research data).
- Right of complaint: As a data subject, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority under the conditions of Article 77 DSGVO. The supervisory authority responsible for us is the Rhineland-Palatinate State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (P.O. Box 30 40, 55020 Mainz; telephone +49 (0) 6131 208-2449; e-mail: [email protected]).
6 No automated decision-making (including profiling)
Your personal data will not be processed for the purpose of automated decision-making (including profiling) pursuant to Art. 22 (1) and (4) DSGVO.